Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Writing, The Pub, A Murder Mystery by Peg Cole

The Pub, A Murder Mystery by Peggy Cole
I'm surprised, elated, fearful, proud, disoriented, and delighted to see my book finally made it to the printed form. To hold it in my hand and feel it as a real object is inexplicably gratifying.

As many writers can tell you, the worst is over when the editing, formatting, updating, file changes downloading, reviewing and waiting for proofs is done.

There to guide me throughout the tedious parts of the publishing process, Michael Friedman of Mockingbird Books and Publishing added all the right touches to get this project completed. Mike also designed a book cover and back page blurb that captured elements from the story into the design. He was there to encourage, uplift and assist during the entire process.

Friends took their valuable time to read the manuscript, add thoughts, suggestions, corrections and feedback for the final version. I'm indebted to my brother who read this manuscript multiple times and whose comments helped me fix some inconsistencies. I left in a few, but who's checking? Also, proud to say that Maria Jordan wrote a beautiful foreword for the front pages and served as an editor as well. Thank you!

Maria's kind review of The Pub is located within her blog: Marcoujor's Musings.

The printed book is available only in paperback from Amazon. I can provide autographed copies if you wish. I hope to release an eBook version in the near future as well.

Thank you, Mike, for this kind book review published in HubPages.

The Pub is about an impressionable young woman who takes a new job that will sweep her away from the dull and mundane world of finance into a world rampant with graft, theft, lechery, revenge and even murder.


Joe Mitchell, The Pub's bookkeeper, encounters a cast of characters whose shadows grow longer as the night deepens. She's swimming in the shark tank surrounded with people who toss her an anchor. In a world of drifters, life changes and financial woes, the climate is hazardous at The Pub where they're serving up more than just good food.

I invite you to read this novel and share the adventure with Joe as she maneuvers her way through a crowd of characters into clouds of change.

7 comments:

  1. Hello Peg - You did a very professional job getting The Pub ready for publication. Nice to see your circle gathering to give you some well deserved promotion of your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mck. I really do appreciate all the support you provided on the publishing end of the book.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations again on publishing your book. I plan to read it very soon. Off to read Maria's review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan. It's so nice to have a circle of writers as friends.

      Delete
  3. Peg, I'm Googling and Tweeting this phenomenal review of The Pub in the hopes of it spreading far and wide...proud of you from start, to finish...an inspiration to writers like me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria, You, my dear, are the inspiration! Thank you for stopping in and for sharing.

      Delete
  4. From my friend, James W. Nelson, who said, "Hi, Peg, outstanding, congratulations! I know you've worked long and hard on your story. I remember reading your many offering, and I remember liking that lady main character. Please let me know when there's an eBook version." smile emoticon
    Thanks so much, James. Will let you know on the eBook. Soon!

    ReplyDelete